Friday, 12 May 2017

Friday First | Pixi Glow Mist


So while repurchasing the famous Glow Tonic from Pixi, I spied the shelf full of the mists and the biphase Glow Mist definitely caught my eye. Looking at just how the Glow Mist worked it promises to give "a glowing, luminous and smooth complexion" as the whole bottle is packed full of "13 natural oils plus propolis, aloe vera and fruit extracts". The oils included aren't actually mentioned, so instead I looked the ingredients list and oils such as evening primrose oil, jojoba oil, macadamia oil, and lavender oil filled me with total confidence. So the Glow mist promises that it "hydrates, protects and nourishes" as well as boasting the ability that it "refreshes makeup, hydrates and adds glow" and that it can also "set[s] makeup, adds a dewy finish and protects skin". Now I have tried everything to add oil into my daily routine, and I have failed miserably. So for me, Glow Mist with its basic instructions of "use in the AM and PM or when needed, shake to mix, close eyes and mist over face & neck" sounded like the product that was perfect for me (www.pixibeauty.co.uk).

So has it been the easiest way for me to add oil into my daily routine? Most definitely! The best thing about Glow Mist is that it sinks into my skin easily and quick, and it doesn't leave my skin with the layer of oil till it sinks in. I have tried the Glow Mist in every way it states it can be used. I've tried using Glow Mist twice a daily but, as I mentioned in my Bio-Oil review, my skin can't handle using oil twice a day, so I tend to use my Glow Mist after I take my makeup off and let it sink in overnight. I have also tried using Glow Mist as a setting spray, but it just didn't set or hold my makeup in place the way I needed it to. Although, misting my face with Glow Mist after I've applied my makeup does give me a natural looking glow.


Will I continue to use Pixi's Glow Mist? I use my Glow Mist on a daily basis and I've barely made a dent in my bottle, so I'll be using this up till every last drop is gone. I love how my skin has improved since I introduced Glow Mist into my routine.
Will I repurchase Pixi's Glow Mist? Definitely. I love how it's made adding oil into my routine a breeze and how my skin has improved. For £16 I've barely used any product and I've been using this daily so it's definitely worth the price. I'm also already eyeing up some of the other mists from Pixi that I'd like to try.
Would I recommend Pixi's Glow Mist? Without a doubt. If you're looking for a way to easily introduce oil into your skincare routine then definitely give it a go; you don't even have to think about what you're doing. So many different oils are packed into one little bottle you really can't go wrong.
Overall score out of 5? A 4. I can't use Glow Mist in every way that it states you can do, and it definitely cannot be used as a setting spray. However, the benefits that I've seen to my skin since introducing this into my routine daily outweighs absolutely everything.