Friday, 5 May 2017

Friday First | Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm


Let's talk all about this tiny Emma Hardie cleansing balm! I honestly thought I'd be getting through this insanely quickly with it being so small, but you need so little it's going to last me a lifetime! The Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm "is a balanced daily cleanser that thoroughly cleanses[s] deep in the pores, moisturises and calms all skin types" that also "removes all traces of face and eye make-up and is so pure pure it doubles as a soothing and hydrating mask". The Moringa Cleansing Balm contains so many different ingredients that are good for your skin, let's just list them all;
  • "Grape seed oil and sweet almond oil rich in essential fatty acids help to plump and soften"
  • "Moringa seed extract, wild sea fennel and vitamin E balance, purify and help to minimise the appearance of open pores"
  • "Essential oils of orange, neroli and mandarin rejuvenate and revitalise the skin whilst calming the sense"
  • "Jasmine and rose help to recondition dull, dry, dehydrated and mature skins" (www.emmahardie.com).
With this being such a small pot it's the perfect size for travelling with those weekends when I'm at Ryan's in Leeds and it's also really nice to have some of my actual skincare with me, as opposed to just my micellar water and moisturiser. You only need to use the same amount of product as a 5p coin, which at first really didn't look like it would be enough to remove the makeup from my entire face. This definitely sinks into the skin straight away and really does break down all my makeup; however, does it really wash it off? Whether I'm wearing a huge eye look, my winged eyeliner or even just mascara I end up with major panda eye which I struggle to get rid of, even with a muslin cloth. I often have to go back in with an exfoliating kind of wash to make sure that every trace of makeup has been removed. My skin definitely does feel more hydrated after using this cleansing balm, and even more so if I follow it with my muslin cloth. What's also really nice is that despite being infused with many essential oils the scent isn't overwhelming and doesn't affect my skin in the slightest. I haven't yet attempted to use this as an overnight face mask, but I'll update you all on when I do and how my skin feels!

Will I continue to use the Moringa Cleansing Balm? It's currently living in my makeup bag to make sure that it comes with me every other weekend when I travel up to Ryan's as it's such a convenient size to throw in. I enjoy how it makes my skin feel after using it, although my eyeliner is an area where it struggles to not leave me with that much sought after panda eye look.
Will I repurchase the Moringa Cleansing Balm? I highly doubt it, for £38 it doesn't really convince me to turn my back on my trusty cleansing balm from The Body Shop. I feel it does exactly the same job and I can't say my face feels any better or any worse with either.
Would I recommend the Moringa Cleansing Balm? If you're someone who is struggling to find a cleansing balm that works for you then I'd highly recommend you giving this one a go. If you're someone who has highly sensitive skin then I'd definitely give this a go, with all the essential oils it could definitely give your skin what it's missing.
Overall score out of 5? A 4. It definitely cleans my skin deeply, although it does have the tendency to leave me with a panda eye look when I've been wearing heavy eye makeup, nothing that can't be solved with extra cleansing, however. Despite being packed full of every ingredient under the sun which is good for your skin it isn't overpowering and it doesn't irritate your skin. It's definitely one worth trying!