Friday, 19 May 2017

Friday First | Batiste 2in1 Shampoo & Conditioner


Let me introduce you to one of the worst hair products I have ever used on my hair, and I genuinely mean I regretted using this the minute I woke up. So ask anyone for a dry shampoo recommendation, usually, Batiste is the name you will be given. I can't lie, when I heard that they were coming out with a 2in1 dry shampoo and conditioner I was excited and couldn't wait to see how it worked, but I was also incredibly dubious at the same time. When it was released, I definitely wasn't keen on the price tag for something I wasn't overly convinced on, so I was so relieved when I received a mini in my Birchbox! So, Batiste promise that their 2in1 Dry Shampoo & Conditioner is "perfect for dry, coloured and curly hair" and promises that their "new formula refreshes roots and nourishes ends". For this to happen you just have to "spray... from roots to ends""give your roots a massage to add some volume and get rid of any excess oil" and "work it through with your hands or a brush" (www.batistehair.co.uk). The new 2in1 has the scent of vanilla and passion flower, which is suddenly my new favourite scent. Also, if a brand is going to boast about "18-hour conditioning" then they've got a lot to live up to (www.superdrug.com)!

Seriously, I've never woken up with greasier hair than when I used this. I always put my dry shampoo in just before I go to bed so that it can really soak in and be absorbed overnight. Naturally, I put all of my faith into my dry shampoo to work it's magic overnight; not to make me look like I've not washed my hair in two weeks. No amount of massaging my hair further saved this, and I had no option but to use my trusty dry shampoo that has never let me down before to save the day. I can't say the ends of my hair felt anymore nourished either, in fact, you wouldn't even know that I'd applied this to the ends of my hair.

Will I continue to use Batiste's 2in1 Shampoo & Conditioner? That's not even an option, it went straight in the bin after I woke up with 3-week old looking hair. The only thing about this that I enjoyed is the scent, it did absolutely nothing for my hair.
Will I repurchase Batiste's 2in1 Shampoo & Conditioner? I'll never even think about it. For nearly £5 I'm expecting miracles, purely because I use a couple of dry shampoos which are just over or just under £1 and they work incredibly well on my hair without even a sign that I've used dry shampoo.
Would I recommend Batiste's 2in1 Shampoo & Conditioner? Oh hell no. I've got so many people telling me how it's one of the best things they've ever used on their hair and I'm not quite sure how. I'm not quite sure what I'm missing, but I'd definitely recommend everyone to stay away from this.
Overall score out of 5? A 1. The scent was the only saving grace of this product. I went to sleep with hair that looked fine and woke up looking like I'd not washed my hair for 3 weeks; not a great look trust me. For me, conditioner is something that can only be left in while hair is damp, not added when hair is dry.