Sunday, 30 April 2017

Skin Care | Garnier Pure Active Range


So I swear by the Garnier Pure Active Matte Control, so much so that I wear it on a daily basis even when I'm not wearing makeup. So while in Boots replacing my Micellar Water I spied that there was now a Pure Active Micellar Water so I had a look around for what else Garnier were doing in the Pure Active Range. As well as grabbing the Micellar Water, I also picked up the 3-in-1 Wash, Scrub and Mask and the Deep Clean Foam Wash.

The 3-in-1 Wash, Scrub and Mask has now become my daily face wash. I personally prefer a daily face wash that has some exfoliant in to help keep my skin under control; I have major combination skin, as well as having an oily t-zone, I also suffer with dry skin around my nose and my cheeks. Super attractive as you can imagine, so I need something to help me combat both of these. The exfoliant isn't horrendously harsh, in fact unless I work the scrub into my face I can barely notice it's there. I've heard of face washes that can also be used as face masks but I've never tried any of them out. I don't go out of my way to use this as a mask if I'm honest, how I tend to use this is that I'll apply it to my face like a normal scrub and I'll just leave it on while I rinse out my conditioner.

As much as I try to wash my face at night every single day, I get lazy and tired and it doesn't always happen. Although, when I actually do I'm currently reaching for the Deep Clean Foam Wash. Quick warning; if this even manages to get into your eye this will burn. Deep Clean always leaves my skin feeling squeaky clean and I definitely feel as though everything from the day has been removed from my face. So when I'm not reaching for Deep Clean to take off my makeup I'm reaching for my Micellar Water instead. I've used a micellar water to remove my makeup for a good few years now, and as much as I love them I have noticed that I can be left feeling like I have layer left on my skin or that somehow not everything has been removed. The Pure Active Micellar Water doesn't do this to me; I'm not left feeling like I have a layer on my skin and I do feel like everything has been taken off my face. The Pure Active Micellar Water doesn't irritate my skin or my eyes, which is a hugely important factor for me.

So both the 3-in-1 Wash, Scrub and Mask and the Deep Clean Foam wash both contain Zinc, and Deep Clean is also enriched with salicylic acid; both of which are great for my skin type. I don't want to say that Pure Active has worked miracles for my skin, but it definitely has changed my skin totally. I'm not breaking out as much, my oil levels are easier to maintain and my skin just feels fresher. I'd love to say my spots have completely disappeared but I'd be lying; I don't get as many spots coming to the surface, which is perfect but I still do have those deep, painful spots. All in all, Pure Active has definitely worked for my skin for the better.